Global Hatikvah: A show of solidarity with Israel
Attention Jewish Schools and other organizations:
We, the students at TanenbaumCHAT in Toronto, invite you to join students and adults around North America and beyond in a global, simultaneous singing of Hatikvah in solidarity with our brothers and sisters in Israel.
On Monday, December 7 at 12:30 p.m. EST, we would like students in schools around the world to sing together Hatikva and proclaim loudly that we will not join the chorus of the silent. We stand with Israel. We are one people. We are “chazakim b’yachad.”
All you need is:
- a quality web cam (HD is preferable) OR a high quality video camera that can be connected to a computer / laptop
- audio speakers
- a microphone (external is preferable)
- a projector and screen attached to a computer to project the exciting event
- a tech person who will be your contact person
- an assembly of students to sing on cue
Some schools are doing this as part of a Chanukah assembly. Others in the context of a larger Israel program. Some may simply assemble to watch the countdown and sing along.
Please connect at least 30 minutes in advance so that the technology is set up, as the singing will happen at 12:30 p.m. sharp.
To sign up and receive more information, go to http://tinyurl.com/hatikvahtogether. A link will be provided prior to December 7 to connect you to participating schools.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
The Students of TanenbaumCHAT